This was recently shared on facebook and i was gobsmacked! Admittedly i have not tried this but having had a quick google, it is quick and easy to make. I do not know if it is just me, but i always end up with a couple of tubs with just a spoonful or two of ice cream in it so this recipe would be handy for throwing them together and freeing up some freezer space.
Photo and recipe from The Hungry Housewife
- Self Raising flour
- Ice cream
You will also need a loaf shaped tin and a utensil to flatten and smooth the mix.
*I have not given exact amounts as everyone will use a different sized tin*
- Leave the ice cream in room temperature to go soft.
- Add in flour and any extra ingredients - chocolate chips etc
- Mix together until combined
- Spoon into the loaf tin and smooth out the top
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 mins or until a tooth pick comes out clean when you poke into it.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool and serve or eat warm.
From what The Hungry Housewife says the ice cream gives a sweet taste but is not over powering. Just for the novelty i have to try it!
Has anyone tried this? What did you think?